Snapchat is a social media mobile app that allows you to send videos or images that disappear after being seen by the receptor. There are approximately 26 million users in the U.S., and around 400 million snaps are sent daily.
The videos and images that you can send on the app are not the same as the ones you would see on Facebook or YouTube – videos on Snapchat have a short time limit and disappear after being seen. Now let’s think about how we can use this to reach out to our audience:
- You need to understand the app. It doesn’t matter if you’re dealing with high executives, this app is used in a very casual way. If you use it in a non-formal way, adding some filters from the app and with a sense of fun, you will be seen as more approachable and people will see your brand in a more personal way.
- Use the videos. Even if they’re going to disappear right after being seen, you can still show a right amount to keep people interested in your brand. These videos don’t have to be that professional because of the time limit.
- Show the personality of your brand. It is a social media app, so you should portray your brand in the way you want people to see it and demonstrate a more personal side of it. With the time limit of the app you’re able to show lots of videos and photos in a short time lapse. Use it to show what happens throughout your company’s processes.
- Create a story. Brands use Snapchat to create a personal story that will be visible to users for 24 hours. Don’t be afraid to show a more personal side of your brand, this will attract people.
- Live. Show your followers live moments of events happening around your brand.
- Exclusive content. Deliver exclusive content only to your Snapchat followers. Thank them by sharing offers they wouldn’t find on other apps. Make them interested in sharing your Snapchat to other users or in other media. A good example of this could be a promo where they have to share one of your Snaps in other social media and tag you to win something.
- Share your Snapcode. Share it on other social media so people can start following you.
Please share your opinion in the comments below.